Primco Limited, is an established leader in the wholesale distribution of floor coverings. We are dedicated to providing exceptional service for our customers and are looking for personnel who can assist us to fulfill this goal.
We currently have an employment opportunity for a Warehouse Associate at our Edmonton Warehouse. We are looking for team players who are searching for a career opportunity and looking for a possible leadership role in managing a warehouse.
The duties of this position include shipping and receiving floor covering products, picking and packing orders for customers, maintaining and organizing inventory and warehouse maintenance. Experience with forklifts would be an asset.
Our busy warehouse requires an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated and career-minded Warehouse Associate to ensure the accurate and seamless reception and processing of incoming and outgoing shipments. The Warehouse Associate must load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, i.e. forklift, etc. Other responsibilities will include the inspection of incoming shipments to verify contents and quality, assist in the scheduling of freight appointments and involvement in warehouse cycle counting.
The Warehouse Associate must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of incoming items. Computer Skills, leadership skills and attention to detail is essential in this position.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Receive all products into the warehouse quickly and accurately ensuring count accuracy and good condition.
- Oversee verification of shipments leaving the warehouse and ensure documentation is completed on a timely basis.
- Ensure efficient layout of warehouse and maintain safe, organized and clean working conditions.
- Monitor warehouse staff to ensure all duties are being completed and assist when needed.
- Hire, train and supervise new warehouse personnel with the assistance of the Operations Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ideally, several years’ experience working in a warehouse environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Intermediate computer skills
- Forklift experience is preferred
- First Aid, CPR is an asset
- Must wear steel toed boots
Primco offers a competitive compensation package including full benefits of health, dental, life, AD & D, long term disability coverage and pension plan.
At Primco Limited we value our employees. We emphasis a work life balance, including giving back to our community. Thank you in advance for your application, but please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org