Our History Print E-mail

Primco 1947 BuildingPrimco has been independently owned and operated since 1947, when it was incorporated as Primco Western Limited by N.S Barker. The company began with branches in Calgary, Edmonton and Lethbridge and focused mainly on building materials. In the early 1950's, Primco added its two Saskatchewan locations in Regina and Saskatoon, and added the Winnipeg branch in the following decade. Primco Western Limited then became Primco (PWL) Limited and made its initial foray into the floor covering business; first with offerings from Sandaran, and soon with products from Forest Mills, Venture and Barrymore.

In 1982, Primco closed its Lethbridge branch and opened the Vancouver branch. By the late 1980's, Primco opted to focus strictly on floor covering products. All building material products were dropped and new floor covering products such as tile, hardwood, underlay, adhesives and accessories were added.

Primco continually expands and refines their product selection in order to offer the most comprehensive and innovative range of options in the Canadian wholesale flooring industry. Mills and manufacturers are carefully selected to ensure that Primco represents only the highest calibre products from around the world.

President Wayne Overacker started with Primco in 1966 as a sales representative in the Peace River region. Wayne acquired a minority share in Primco in 1983; in 1992, he purchased the balance of the company from founder N.S Barker, who subsequently retired.

As Primco evolves, Wayne's uncompromising business ethic and longstanding commitment to service is the blueprint for the company's continued success. Every employee becomes a member of the Primco family, and each family member becomes an ambassador for the Primco way of doing business: with integrity, pride, and by always putting our customers first.